LAKE LUZERNE TOWN RESIDENTS PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
2019-2020 Transfer Station & 2020 Recycling Schedule
- October 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020: The Transfer Station will be Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday, Closed Sunday, Monday and Thursday.
- Starting July 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020: The Transfer Station will be Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Closed Monday & Thursday.
- Normal hours of operation will be 8:15am – 3:45pm except ON SUNDAY’S , THE HOURS OF OPERATION WILL BE 8:15AM TO 2:45PM
THERE IS NO CHANGE IN THE GARBAGE PICK UP – FROM THE HOUSE FOR FOOD GARBAGE
Recycling Pick Up
THURSDAY – VILLAGE, HEIGHTS & NORTH TO HALL HILL
2020 JANUARY 2 & 16, FEBRUARY 6 & 20, MARCH 5 & 19, APRIL 2 & 16, MAY 7 & 21, JUNE 4 & 18, JULY 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 AUGUST 6, 13, 20, 27 SEPTEMBER 3 & 17, OCTOBER 1 & 15, NOVEMBER 5 & 19, DECEMBER 3 & 17.
FRIDAY – NORTH AND SOUTH END OF TOWN
2020 – JANUARY 3 & 17, FEBRUARY 7 & 21, MARCH 6 & 20, APRIL 3 & 17, MAY 1 & 15 JUNE 5 & 19 JULY 3, 11, 17, 24, 31 AUGUST 7, 14, 21, 28, SEPTEMBER 4 & 18, OCTOBER 2 & 16, NOVEMBER 6 & 20, DECEMBER 4 & 18.
A COPY OF THIS SCHEDULE CAN BE PICKED UP IN THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE MONDAY – FRIDAY, 9:00AM-4:00PM
A TRANSFER STATION STICKER IS NOW REQUIRED TO TAKE MATERIAL TO THE TRANSFER STATION. THE STICKER IS AVAILABLE IN THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE AT NO CHARGE.
BRUSH IS NOW BEING ACCEPTED AT NO CHARGE.
Curbside Garbage & Recycling Information
Garbage Pickup: Garbage must be in clear or white plastic bags in a garbage can with a lid. No containers larger than 35 gallons – ALL GARBAGE MUST BE IN CANS
- Monday – Village and Luzerne Heights, Lake Luzerne Trailer Park and Ponderosa Trailer Park
- Tuesday – South End
- Wednesday – From American Legion North
Recycling Pickup: Our recycling program provides that no recycling is to be included in your garbage.
Items to be recycled on the truck:
- Clear and colored glass
- #1 and #2 plastics (household items)
- Tin and aluminum cans
- ALL OTHER METAL – TAKE TO TRANSFER STATION
Recycling at the Transfers Station:
- Plastic # 1 & 2 from house
- Newspapers, books, magazines
- RECYCLING BINS – electronics and cardboard
- COMPOST – animal feces
For all items with freon, there is a $10 per item charge. Tires are charged separately – tires MUST be off the rims
Please be sure your recycling is clean and sorted into separate containers or clear plastic bags. Corrugated cardboard boxes are not to be included in your recycling pickup. Corrugated cardboard is taken at the transfer station at no charge.
A pass for the transfer station is available at the Town Clerk’s Office at no charge to residents and property owners of the Town of Lake Luzerne only.
There is a charge of 8 cents per pound for garbage and other items taken across the scales at the transfer station.