Cynthia L. Sherwood, Town Clerk
Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
539 Lake Ave ( Rt 9N)
Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
Lorri Holcomb, Deputy Town Clerk
Email: [email protected]
As of April 9, 2021, the Warren County Dept. of Health does not have a Rabies Clinic schedule. Tractor Supply is having weekly rabies clinics every Saturday. Go to petvetcare.com to schedule an appointment.
Cynthia Sherwood is the Town Clerk of Lake Luzerne and Collector of Taxes. In most cases, she will be a resident’s first contact with Town Staff when conducting Town business. Her direct responsibilities include:
- Collector of Town and County Tax Payments (make checks payable to Cynthia L. Sherwood, Town Collector)
- Issuing General Permits and Licenses (not including zoning or building permits) on behalf of the Town
- Requests for Vital Statistics
- Providing documentation for Genealogical Search Requests
The Town Clerk is also clerk of the Town Board. The clerk is in charge of most town records, files reports with county and state agencies as required, has much to do with election administration, posts legal notices, and is, in general, a pivot around which the Town operates (Town Law, Section 30).
If your home is in the Lake Luzerne Water District, you are on a metered water system. You may purchase your meter or replacement parts for an existing meter at the Town Hall. Water bills are collected in the Town Clerk’s office. Please check with the Town Clerk for any changes of owners and address for billing. For information about the water department, visit the Transportation & Water page.
Rules and Regulations of the Lake Luzerne Water District in booklet form are available at the town hall for $1.00 each.
You should receive your Town and County tax bill by January 1st each year. The Town Clerk is also the property tax collector. Again, check with the Town Clerk regarding change of ownership and billing address for your taxes. If you have not received your tax bill by January 5th, please contact the Tax Collector.
Payment of Taxes
Town & County tax bills will be sent out the last week of December.
- January 1-31: No Penalty
- February 1-28: 1% Penalty
- March 1-31: 2% Penalty
Tax payments can only be made during the months of January, February and March. Taxes may be paid to the Town of Lake Luzerne by sending your tax bill and a check payable to:
Cynthia L. Sherwood, Tax Collector
539 Lake Ave, P. O. Box 370
Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
School Taxes payments are NOT collected in the Town Clerk’s office.
Any resident can make a request to obtain vital statistics from the Town Clerk. Simply fill out the appropriate form below.
- Application to Town/City for Copy of Marriage Record (PDF Form)
- Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Birth Record (PDF Form)
- Application to Local Registrar for Copy of Death Record (PDF Form)
The following licenses can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office. Forms are available at the Clerk’s office unless additional information is linked below. Complete the form and bring it or mail it to the Clerk’s office to the attention of Cynthia L. Sherwood.
Download Town Ordinances (PDF file)
Passed June 12, 2006
Printed copies of Town Ordinances and Local Laws in booklet form are available at Town Hall for $2.00 each
- Marriage License
- Sporting License (Current pricing for Hunting, Fishing, Trapping – You must come to the Town Clerk’s office to have a license issued.)
- Parking Permit for Person with Severe Disabilities